Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Instructional Applications of the Internet - August 4

Today I spent hours working on my web page. I spent the majority of the time working with Hot Potatoes in order to include some interactive elements in the page. If it could have been strictly informational, I believe that I would have had the page completed in a only few hours.


Hot Potatoes has some impressive abilities, but can be very inconvenient to use. I don't like that I am only able to have 3 questions in a JQuiz and only 5 matching elements in a JMatch. Because of this, I had to make one Quiz in 3 separate parts, because I had 9 questions to put into it. It's also a little inconvenient to use all around.

I had quite a bit of difficulty figuring out how to include pictures on my quizzes, but finally figured out that if I posted the pictures on my KSU FTP space, then added them to the quiz using the web links, it worked.

I figured out how to post the quizzes to my website by opening the htm files in Word to access the html code, then copying the code and pasting it in to an "HTML Snippet Widget" in iWeb. This is working out well, but could be much more convenient.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend very much time on actual informational content for the page today. Hot Potatoes took up most of my time.

No comments: