Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Instructional Applications of the Internet - August 5

Today I got done the majority of the work done on my Instructional Website. I had a few speedbumps in the process that kept me from getting as much work done as I'd like to. Some of them include:

- Figuring out how to get a .swf "video" file created using Jing onto my website, which was created in iWeb. I finally figured out--by searching for it on the internet--how to edit a standard html code and paste it into iWeb to make it work. I am glad that I figured this out because it is a beneficial part of the page, making visiting the web site almost like sitting in a class--on your own time--rather than just reading words off of the page.

- Continued inconveniences with Hot Potatoes. While Hot Potatoes has been easy to use, I continued to have to spend a lot of time today typing in the quizzes, uploading pictures to my KSU FTP, then put them in the quiz, then preview the quiz, then copy the html code, then paste it into iWeb, then resize it to fit the page. It also was inconvenient that there were such limits to the sizes of the quizzes.

Overall, I am very very pleased with my web page. I intend to use it this school year with my students and to share it with the other 8th grade math teachers at my school to use if they'd like.

No comments: